"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, October 28, 2010

More Marathon

Today is the last day of school this week.  Thank goodness!  I've been really productive getting all of my grading done so that the report cards can go out on time, but I have been extremely busy.  I am more than ready for the weekend.  Tomorrow is a teacher workday, so I still have to work, but I get to sleep in a little bit too!

Here are some more pictures from the marathon, taken by Dusty.

Looking good!  I think this was taken around mile 6.

Here is Jan, looking good, as well.

While Derek was posing for the camera, and preparing to fly away, he almost smacked me in the head.

Derek posing for the camera, again, but I didn't get the memo.

Almost done!!  The first picture is Derek and I coming off of the last bridge, and the second picture is Jan.  The end of the last bridge left us about .5 miles away from the finish line.  That last .5 miles seemed to take forever. 


And we did it!!!!!!!!!





Woohooooooooo!!  It was a success.

Sorry for the picture overload.  Now, back to watching the Wolfpack...maybe they can rally during the second half of this game.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The PAIN is still very fresh! It hurts to look at a couple of those pictures...oh no....Does that mean it was really just all in my head?!
I had a great time otherwise! M(J)

Paula said...

props to derek's dad - he captured some great pictures!

Corey said...

I second Paula!! :)

Lauren said...

I agree - they are great pictures!

Jan, it is not just in your head, I promise!