"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ann Arbor Bound

This weekend I am heading to Ann Arbor, to see my family.  Its the big Illinois vs. Michigan football game and seeing as we have a split family, its always an interesting event.  Paula and I both went to Illinois and my little sister, Catherine, just graduated from Michigan.  When I was talking to my mom on the phone this afternoon she told me she was going to layer her Illinois and Michigan apparel so that as the temperature changed throughout the day she could support each team.  I told her she should just cheer for Illinois because it is clear that they will win :)

We did this two years ago as well, in 2008.  That time, my parents were unable to come, but here are some of the pictures from the last trip; Catherine, me, and Paula.

Catherine went off to the Michigan student section to sit, as she will this year too, because she said we would get ridiculed in our Illini apparel if we tried to go.  Here is another picture of us at the game (minus Cath), with some friends.  From left, Cara, Matt (my sisters husband), Rob, Paula, Sameer, and myself.

I'm going to go to bed now so that I can rest up for the big weekend.  I have practice in the morning so it will be an early wake-up call!


No comments: