"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, November 19, 2010

Couch Sitting

I'm still sick and they say the only thing that will make me better is rest, so here I sit.  On my couch.  I've watched a movie, watched almost everything on my DVR list, and answered every email I've been avoiding (almost every email).  At first it was nice, to sit down and relax but slowly I am getting more and more stir crazy.

Today, however, I have something to do thanks to my wonderful boyfriend.  He surprised me last night with this...

Its the third book in the series.  I've read the first two books and they are incredibly complicated mysteries that hold my attention and result in me not being able to put the book down. The character development is really vivid and I haven't found a book - or series, in this case - this addicting, in a long time. I've been waiting to buy the third one until it comes out in paperback, or until I go home (my mom broke down and bought it a few weeks ago).  

Yesterday, Derek told me he had a surprise for me.  I had no clue what it was.  He had remembered me talking about this from a while ago and he came home with my book!!  He wanted me to have something to do while I am sitting at home.  So, I will now grab my coffee, turn of all electronics, and curl up on the couch with my new book.  Reading is something that I love to do, but rarely have time for during the school year, so this is a nice little treat!    

3 comments:

Paula said...

awww, how sweet. you should finish that book before christmas and then bring it back to chicago :-) we are about to start the series...

carol said...

I like the book too but can't stay awake at night long enough to make progress. I am actually going backwards I think. Paula you can borrow my book now that Lauren has her own. Thanks Derek!.

Lauren said...

The first chapter was hard to follow, mom. It was really detailed. I almost wanted to take notes to keep it all straight, but I'm on page 150 now and its awesome!