"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Continued...

I flew home yesterday, and today I went back to work.  Wow.  It seems like I hadn't been there in forever.  Surprisingly, my classes were still caught up and they had done all their work while I was gone, and I'm really not that far behind!  This week is going to be a big week, our first swim meet is on Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that, and anticipating being quite busy.

Here is my Thanksgiving trip recap...its long, so beware!

Thursday was great, and while my mom had much better photo's yesterday, here are some of my candid's from the day:

Here is Bailey, smiling big.

Everyone hanging out in the family room.

Jimmy and Maggie.

Cath and I.

Uncle Bobby and Maggie.

The cutest family ever.

My mom's beautiful Thanksgiving table...take a look at those center pieces...they used pumpkins, carved them out, and stuck fresh flowers into them.  So adorable!!

In the last post I showed our family photos.  This was one of the out-takes.  When we told Bailey to smile for the camera, she proceeded to do somersaults over and over again.  Such a ham.

Aunt Janet and my mom.

My dad and I.

And one last video for you...This is of Bailey.  I was so excited to see her because this time she is talking (and singing!) and she is hilarious!!  I think she was singing one of her songs and doing the dance that goes along with it.  Enjoy :)

video


Friday, the rest of the family went out to get some good "Black Friday" deals while Matt, my dad, and I stayed behind to hold down the fort.  It was so nice sitting in the cozy warm house while watching all those crazy people charge into the stores on the news.  Friday night, while we were all home, we celebrated my mom's birthday, which is coming up this weekend.  She got a Kindle!!  It looks so cool and it seemed really easy to set up!!  She has been not-so-subtly dropping hints for a few months that she wants one, so we figured it was a perfect gift!  It was so much fun for both of my sisters to be home and for everyone to be together to celebrate.


Afterwards, we tried the new game Scrabble Scram.  Don't waste your money on this game.  Its not worth it.  We love Monopoly Deal so much, that we thought we'd give it a try.  Nope.  Won't do that again.  But it was good for a few laughs, I think my stomach hurt all night after two hands of Scrabble Slam.  We were not very good at sticking to real words found in the dictionary.  When you play, you have to shout out the word that your spelling, so you can only imagine.  We are all loud, we were all shouting at once, and the words were not actually words.  It was funny, but as a game, it didn't work out so well.  So, we took out the Monopoly Deal and finished the night with several hands.  (and I actually won one!)

Saturday, my mom, sister and I braved the cold and took a long walk with Chief around our neighborhood.  It was about 30 degrees outside, so we bundled up.  Here is a picture. We must have looked pretty funny.


My mom put up her Christmas lights before I left, so Saturday night when it got dark we had to go outside to check themout.  She's so crafty.  Take a look.  Aren't they beautiful?  :)


Sunday, I flew home and decorated my little townhome for Christmas, but I think I will save that for tomorrow because this post is getting entirely long.  Pictures to come.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Great pictures!