"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, November 22, 2010

Update

I am home from school, yet again, today.  I had every intention of working today and tomorrow, but it just didn't work out that way.  So, here I am, sitting on my couch, trying to keep myself from going crazy.

In this post, two weeks ago, I first mentioned that I wasn't feeling well, and I went to see the doctor.  They told me it was a virus of some sort and I just had to wait it out.   I waited and while it wasn't awful, I definitely wasn't feeling like my energetic self.

Last week, after a second trip to the doctor, I was told I had mono.  I haven't heard much of that since high school, but at least it explained why I still didn't feel good.  They told me to go home and rest.  So, all weekend long I rested.  For four days, I sat on my couch, watched some movies, read my great book, and did a little school work.  I felt a little better, but who really knew, seeing as I had not ventured far from the couch.  Monday (today) came along, and I figured I would surely be able to go back to school.  I was excited at the thought of interacting with people and getting stuff done!

Unfortunately, my body had other plans for me today and while at swim practice this morning, I fainted.  It scared me enough to go home and call the doctor.  After explaining my new symptoms, they took another (closer) look at my test results and realized, oh yes, that I also have strep throat.  Not what I wanted to hear, but it explains why I am not getting better, and even better than that, it is treatable with something other than "rest".  So here I sit, hoping, wishing, and praying that I will feel better soon.

With the meds, I am hoping that I am feeling good enough to travel home on Thursday...and the doctor Ok'd it (and I am not supposed to be contagious)!!  Because even though I am 26 years old and fully capable of taking care of myself, its so nice to think that my mom will be around to take care of me in just a few days.

Gosh, I am such a baby!!  So there's my update.  I have no exciting pictures to show, and I'm sure no one would want to see them.  I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!

*Shoutout* - Thank you, Mom, you helped me so much this morning!  I know that you would have much rather slept in, but talking to you made me feel so much better.  I love you!

1 comment:

carol said...

I would not have rather slept in and you call me any time day or night. Just put up with me talking nonsense for a couple of minutes until I wake up. Love you and miss you.