"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Up North

So my weekend with my family didn't go exactly as planned, but nevertheless, it was so great to see my sisters and my parents and I loved spending time with them.

Friday night we went to dinner and Saturday was the game.  I could not believe how cold it was!!  We bundled up and watched the exciting, er, embarrassing game.  Every time one of the teams got the ball they scored, which made it very interesting, but the triple overtime just extended my exposure to the cold weather...yikes!!  After the game we headed back to Cath's house (which is adorable, way cuter than any house I had in college) for some amazing food.  My mom and Peggy went all out...chilli with all the fixins, homemade mac'n'cheese in the crock pot, sausage and meatball sandwiches, and the best - Portillo's chopped salad!!  That was my mom's surprise to me.  She brought the special salad dressing with her and made the salad on Saturday- it was amazing!!

Here are some pictures from the weekend...
My dad and I bundled up and ready to walk to the stadium.

My mom and I at the game.

The view from our seats (which were pretty good, considering I was an Illini fan in the Michigan stadium).


Here are my sisters and mom after the game.  

Needless to say, Illinois lost.  But it was an amazing weekend.  

I was feeling a little under-the-weather, but I sucked it up (for the most part), enjoyed my time with my family, and got myself to the doctor today...now I am happily catching up on my dvr'd shows and resting on my couch.  Hopefully I didn't get anyone else sick.  

**EDIT** I'm at home right now and found some funny pictures on my mom's computer from this weekend.  We are one crazy group.  haha.







I think Catherine actually wanted to wear this combination to the football game, and we were in the process of making fun of her.  What nice sisters (and mother!!) she has. :)