"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

On Thursday my high school swim team won their first swim meet of the season!!  Wahoo!  We do quad meets here and both the boys and the girls got first place, so we are currently 3 and 0.  Yea!  It was a fun meet and I managed to get through the night without getting too stressed out.  Our next meet is on Tuesday and its against three new teams, two of whom are really good.  Hopefully we will do alright.


This weekend is filling up quickly with a USS swim meet and preparing for next week.  I am coaching a bit, but more importantly I am cleaning my house, finishing my decorations, and preparing for a small cookie exchange that I'm having this Wednesday.  While I was home two weeks ago, I had so much time on my hands that I decided to party plan.  A few of my close friends are coming over and we are going to eat lots of cookies and chat.  Most of us will be leaving town during the holidays, so I think it's working out perfectly that we get to see each other before things get too hectic (Anna, one of my close friends here just got engaged last night, so I'm not kidding when I say we have lots to catch up on - and celebrate!).

If you have any great cookie recipes, I would love some ideas.  I have one or two ideas, but I am of course, open to more suggestions.  Please email me or comment to share.  (Corey, you had such a great idea of advertising for recipes, I had to steal it...Thanks!)

On a side note...I got this picture from my dad today.  They woke up to 5 inches of snow and it was still falling!!

I thought it was crazy, until around noon, it started snowing here too!  We actually have accumulation of almost an inch.  Wow!  I was hoping for enough to go sledding, but I just don't think that's going to happen.

Now, back to knocking things off of my list; I have 4 sets of tests to grade...

1 comment:

Corey said...

I will e-mail you the recipes I've found and received!! :)