"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas came early :)

This week was great.  Really busy, but great.  On Monday Derek and I went out to dinner with his parents and it was nice.  His mom, surprised us with early Christmas gifts.  She got us each a Christmas ornament with "26.2" on it.  They are our marathon ornaments! I thought it was so sweet of her. Thank you, Jan!

 How fun - more things to add to my tree!  And their personalized and meaningful!  We went back to my house and hung them on the tree right away.


Tonight was the Cookie Exchange, and it was so much fun.  It was so nice to see all the girls and we all had so much to talk about.  I also, have to add, that I have some very talented bakers for friends.  The cookies were phenomenal.  I have two full plates to eat!  Haha, I will be bringing them to work tomorrow.  There is no need for me to eat two full plates of cookies!! Ahhhhh.  Plus, everyone likes to be the favorite co-worker for a day  :)  

I made Date Nut Balls, which is a cookie that my mom has made at Christmas for as long as I can remember.  She says that they are nothing special, but I love them and they are so easy to make.  Here is the recipe...  

Date Nut Balls

Pre heat oven to 300’.

Cream :1 stick margarine
            1/3 cup confectioner sugar
Add:    1 tbsp milk
            1 tsp vanilla
            1 ¼ cup flour sifted
            ¼ tsp salt
Add:     1 cup walnuts
            1 cup dates chopped

Form into balls


Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 20’ @ 300’ until light brown and then roll in confectioners sugar. Then roll a second time in confectioners sugar and cool.

Enjoy!!

I didn't take any pictures tonight while everyone was here (I forgot!!), but Rachael got a good one of the whole group, so maybe I'll get a copy of that soon.  It feels like Christmas already!! I love this time of the year!  So many fun times with good friends and lots of happy faces. :)




1 comment:

Carol said...

what special oranaments to have to keep forever!