"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Its beginning to feel a lot like...December!

On Sunday when I got back into town Derek and I decorated for Christmas.  I have been talking about how I can't wait to decorate for weeks.  It is so nice to me to sit in a living room and be able to see your Christmas tree with lights.  It just makes everything so much cozier.  We got the boxes (all 2 of them - and they are little boxes) down from the attic and started to decorate.  My tree is artificial, and its small, but I love it.  When we first took it out of the box it looked pretty sorry (Derek could not stop laughing).  Very Charlie Brown-esque.  Now, however, I think it is absolutely beautiful, a nice, quaint little Christmas tree.  Take a look at the finished product...


Here are some of the pictures from the process...
 The sad looking tree that came out of the box.
What the advertisement says it's supposed to look like.

The tree was see through.  It was so sparse that Derek could stick his arm through the tree, take a picture of himself and actually see most of his face.  Pathetic.
 After that, I arranged the branches so that it looked "fuller".  I am convinced that you can no longer see through the tree. Derek disagrees :)


I love Christmas decorations, they make the house so homey!




Can't you just hear the Christmas music and smell the cinnamon spice candles through the computer?!

6 comments:

Corey said...

Yes I can definitely hear the music and smell the candles... :) Great post! I love the tree and the decorations. (Tell Derek a pitiful Charlie Brown tree is better than no tree!)

Lauren said...

Haha, I agree with you! (and I will most definitely tell him :)

Corey said...

Oh, and I forgot to add that I think Zach and I bought the same tree at Target after Christmas the year before we got married. We haven't ever opened it, and now I'm a little concerned :)

Lauren said...

Haha, its really cute now that its set up, but it is pretty tiny.

Carol said...

I think it is beautiful!

Lauren said...

Thanks mom!!