"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Toy

I got an iphone this week.  I'm still debating whether or not I like it, but its a 30 day trial, so I will wait and see.  One major upside to the iphone is that it takes much better pictures than my old phone.  Before when I took pictures on my phone they would be blurry, but now, they are great!  And I can take video too.   The video has already come in handy at swim practice.

The other night I was trying to convince Derek to try one of my cookies that I made for Wednesday and he was resisting with everything he had.  (Sidenote: He isn't scared of how bad my cooking is, I swear, he just normally doesn't like sweets.)  I had just gotten my new phone a few hours earlier and was slightly obsessed with trying everything out.  His faces were making me laugh so hard that I had to get a few pictures.  This progression of faces and sighs went on for a bit...


This weekend we had a swim meet and my kids swam great!  Lots of best times.   This week, we have one more high school swim meet before we break for the holidays, I'm pretty excited.  We got second place at our last meet, but we were missing one swimmer.  This week its a tough meet, but we will have our whole team, so I'm hoping they will do well.  We will see.

Here is one last picture that I received this weekend...


I got this from my Aunt Janet.  Her and my mother are visiting my grandma this weekend.  They got a little carried away while shopping, I think.  I love that they are goofy!  When I got this picture I laughed out loud.  I'm sure people thought I was crazy (Maybe this is where I get it from :).  




2 comments:

Carol said...

I don't think I signed a release to publish this picture!!! We had lots of fun. Great bargains at Job Lot

Lauren said...

Haha, sorry mom! But I think its so cute! I hope you brought the reindeer antlers home for Grandma to wear around the Elms.