"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Playing Tourist

When I get back to NC and can get all of my pictures onto my computer I will document Christmas, but for now, I'm showing you my post-Christmas activities... These pictures were taken on my phone and are much easier to access.

My family and I spent all day today shopping on Michigan Avenue, in Chicago.  Perusing the Magnificent Mile, if you will :).  We started out on the south end, getting to see where Paula and Matt both go to school, The University of Chicago.  They are both getting their master's degrees at Booth Business School. 


I noticed that the NBC Chicago Building and Tower were right across the street, so so I had to take a picture of those buildings too.  This was just the beginning of my tourist self.  Yes, I lived in the Chicago area for 15 years, but its pretty exciting to go back and see the city now after being away. 


Then we headed to get som serious shopping done. 


 We went up one side of the street and down the other, hitting all the necesities...Nike Town, H&M, Nordstrom's, Macy's, Gap (which was 50% off!!), and much more. 



After shopping, we headed back to Paula and Matt's condo on the northside to eat dinner and relax.  Cath and Paula had started something in the crock pot before we left in the morning and when we got back it smelled so good!  They are great cooks.



It was a great day with the family, and I am happy to say I still have money left in my bank account :)  The sales were great!

I haven't seen Chicago covered in snow in a long time, so I took some more pictures to remember, and continue my tourist theme. 

 This is the Chicago Tribune Building.


Here is the John Hancock Building.


And the ice caps on the lake amazed me...




Sweet Home Chicago.

No comments: