"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Shopping seems to be my new hobby...

Today I met two of my good friends Ashley and Elizabeth for breakfast in downtown Geneva.  It was so nice to catch up with them!  Afterwards, I might have taken a detour on the way home...

Geneva is an adorable little boutique-y shopping town.  All of the stores are in old historic homes and it is right on the train route from the city, so its always busy.  You can never go there with the intention of finding one thing, because you will never find it.  But, it is a great place to go when you just want to meander through cute little shops and get ideas, or maybe make a spontaneous purchase.  Like today :).

I only stopped at one store...Cocoon (Store Website).  It is a home store, with lots of unique decorating ideas.  When I was in high school I would always look, but never really had a place to put anything.  Today I went because, hey, my house deserves a Christmas gift too! 

I only bought one little thing, a candle holder, but I have lots of new decorating ideas!

2 comments:

Miss Unagi said...

I didn't know you blogged! How fun! I am planning a trip to Chicago in March. Where should I go?!!?

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness, all the places!! I will make a list for you... You are going to have so much fun!