"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day!!

Today, school was cancelled, and I couldn't be happier.  I got to sleep in because last night they already had announced a two hour delay, and as of right now, (11:30am) I am still in my pajama's!!  Now, I'm not that big of a lazy bum, because this morning I have already made Oreo Balls, wrapped presents, and done a little cleaning (a really little bit).

One of my coworkers is having a cookie exchange tonight, so I am lucky that I had time to make my cookies this morning (I obviously would have been showing up with store-bought versions otherwise).  I made Oreo Balls, which were surprisingly easy to make.  I used Mint Oreo's to mix it up a little bit and then I put dark chocolate under the white chocolate. Check out Corey's Cooking Blog for the full recipe. She made them last week, and they were a hit.  I hope mine are as well.




Last night we had our holiday party for the group I coach at WAVE.  The kids had so much fun and the hour and a half flew by (and I was worried that we weren't going to be able to keep their attention).  We all decorated Christmas ornaments.  I haven't done a craft in forever and I had so much fun...maybe more than the kids.  Surprisingly, even the 13 year old boys loved their ornaments.  Here are some pictures...




I was so excited to get some new ornaments for my tree.  Some were homemade, gifted during the party, but they were all beautiful (even the ones I decorated).  Annnnnnd, my team mom made me take home some of the decorations she had bought for the party!  They were ceramic mini Christmas plates.  I love them!! I am so excited to be adding to my decorations collection!





Back to the snow day... I'm sure the roads are bad (not that I would know), but I still giggle a little when I see how crazy (maybe over-prepared is a better word) everyone here gets when there is snow predicted.  Yesterday there was a forecast of 1-3 inches for today and when I went to get my mail around 3 in the afternoon, my neighbor had already salted his 12 foot long driveway.  I had to take a picture:



And it was maybe 45 and sunny at this point, so giggle I did, a lot.

2 comments:

Corey said...

How fun!! I wish we had a snow day. The mint oreo balls look amazing!

Lauren said...

The mint Oreo balls are good and there is plenty of cold weather ready to welcome you back!