"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Adventures in Furniture Building

Derek got a new TV and a new media console to go with it.  It took forever to pick out a media console, but he found one he liked and I think it looks awesome!!

I got to "help" him put it together.  I have to be honest, I was not a whole lot of help, but I did do some clean-up and some heavy lifting.  And I asked a lot of questions, "Where does this plug in?", "Whats that for?", "Where does this go?", etc.  So after a while, I think my lack of helping actually moved the process along (or it could have impeded it, but it depends on how you look at it).  Whoopsies...

But I did get to photo-document the event.

halfway there


So many wires.  I wanted to know what each one was for.  hahaha.  Maybe next time...




Everything fits!  

The end product.
What do you think??

2 comments:

Corey said...

I think it looks great! (And I think the picture of Derek with his whole head in the thing looks hysterical.)

Lauren said...

haha. I do too. I'm glad you noticed that one!