"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice, Ice, Baby

They have been talking about a "huge" storm that is rolling though the southeast for days now.  We changed the final exam schedule at school and everyone was all worked up because they were "sure" that we would have a snow day today.  I was extremely skeptical, and frustrated (I might have whined a little) that as of 6pm last night we had not seen a drop of anything.  Wilmington had 4 inches, Charlotte and Atlanta got dumped on too, but here, nothing.   Well, lo and behold, at 7pm it started to flurry a little, and then came the ice.

I woke up this morning to an icy winter wonderland.  It doesn't have quite the same ring to it as snow, nor do you get the pretty pictures and fun sledding, but it did get me a snow (or, ice) day!  So, here's to bunkering down inside and enjoying some time to relax  to catch up on grading.  

Ice, Ice, everywhere...

A layer of ice on everything!


View from the inside.


When the window was rolled down, the ice stayed...

Stay warm!!

Inside I will stay, all day long, wrapped up in my brand new Snuggie - thanks Derek!


1 comment:

Miss Sushi said...

I WANT THAT SNUGGIE.