"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A look back at 2010

2010 was a great year, and I'm looking forward to a great 2011 as well!


January:

I rang in the new year with Sarah here in Raleigh and my parents came to visit to help me work on the house.


February:

My high school swim team got third in the state meet!  And then I went up to Purdue to meet my family and help cheer on Catherine in her last Big Ten's ever!  


March: 

My friend Kristen moved in and became my roommate!!


I met Andrea, Sarah, and Corey in Charleston, SC for the Cooper Bridge Run. 

Derek and I became "official" on March 22.  :)


April:

I had spring break, but spent the week here relaxing, cooked out a lot, read a few books, and ran.  I also took the GRE, just in case, and held a Swim Clinic.

May:

This month made up for my relaxing April...The whole family met in Ann Arbor for Catherine's graduation.

I got a free weekend at the beach from a nice swim parent (thank you!), so my sister's flew in and Derek and I took them down to Myrtle Beach.  Andrea and Corey had just bought a house 5 miles away from where we were staying, so Sarah and Fant came out to stay with them and we all got to hang out!  It was a great weekend!





  
June:

School let out (woohoo!) and I went to work the swim camps at UNC for three weeks.  Here are some of my teacher friends at graduation.  

  
July:

We watched the Garner fireworks for the 4th and then took a little beach trip. 


I flew back to Chicago for a weekend for Andrea's bachelorette party and bridal shower and got to have a BBQ with my family.



August:

I got to fly back home for my birthday and Derek came with me for a few days.


September:

We celebrated Derek's birthday and went to Charleston for Andrea and Corey's wedding.  

October:  

We got to go to the NC State Fair!  


And then Jan, Derek, and I ran the marathon!!  October 22, 2010.


November: 

I got sick :( but still got to go back to Chicago for Thanksgiving!

December:  

Celebrated Christmas, and got to see lots of friends and family for the holidays!


 Sister night in the city - one of my favorite nights of the year.  I think it is important that we take time to be, just the three of us.














No comments: