"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ready, Set, Go

Today was a good day - I'm feeling pretty healthy, and I worked out again today.  That makes it 4 days in a row!  That's big for right now.  I did lots of core work, plyometrics, push-ups, etc Monday and Tuesday and made myself sufficiently sore (holy cow, ouch!).  But it was the good kind of hurt.  Then yesterday, I got in and swam 1500 yards.  I could really tell how weak I am, but it felt great and it loosened me up a lot.

 Then today, I went to Lake Johnson in Raleigh and ran around the lake.  I forgot how pretty that place can be.  I forgot my headphones and I was not happy about that.  I normally like running with music because it helps me to lose myself in my thoughts and just go.  It lets me tune everything out.  But today, I loved running without them.  Funny, how that is.  I think I was so excited to be outside (it was 55 degrees!) and running that I didn't even feel like I needed them.  I only went 3 miles, and it was slow, but I feel great!  I figure I have to start somewhere.

I even ran right past a deer.  Seriously, it was about 10 feet off the path just looking at me as I jogged by.

I'm calling this a personal victory (probably overkill ;) but...Here's to getting back into my workout routine and staying healthy so I can get into shape!

**My new years resolution was to workout 5 out of 7 days a week, so I have a little catching up to do.**

No comments: