"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chicago Blizzard in Pictures

Here is the update:

In St. Charles, there was a total of 18+ inches of snow.  There is a pile of snow higher than the mailbox around the driveway where it was plowed.  By the way, this is the plow that skipped my parents street, and left the snow there, but made it to clear the driveway.  Yes, they were still snowed in when I talked to them last night, but the driveway was clear.

Chicago Public Schools cancelled again today and most of my friends and family got to stay home and enjoy yet another snow day.  I know that this is normal in North Carolina, but for the midwest, a snowday is unheard of!

I have had some fun looking at all the pictures on facebook and others that people have emailed me.  It is crazy!

Here are some of my favorites:

This is a view from Paula's balcony...normally you can see the Chicago skyline...

Bailey all bundled up. That snow is high.

Emily, I know you aren't the tallest person in the world, but that snow is deep!

A NASA satellite view of the storm yesterday.

Holy cow.

Here is a link to some pictures from the Chicago Tribune. There are some very cool ones.  Example:

These are the cars that eventually just got stuck on and then towed from Lake Shore Driv.  Courtesy of the Tribune.

And, here is a link to a story about people that got trapped on Lake Shore Drive.  It is actually really scary.  I am so happy that all of my family and friends are safe.  WRAL on the Chicago Snow - thanks for the link, Dusty!

I also found out that there was a bunch of thunder and lightning during the storm.  Here is a video link of one of the weather men freaking out during a newscast.  Entertaining.


I love hearing from you all, keep the pictures coming!

No comments: