"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Day without Coffee

I woke up this morning feeling much better :).  I got to talk to my mom last night and she always makes me feel better.  Derek and I may even plan a trip north in April.

I was already to tell you about my great weekend and show you how productive I was over the past few weeks.  I walked downstairs, grabbed my Christmas mug, just for fun...
...and I went about my business of getting my lunch together while my coffee brewed.  When I went back to get my coffee, this is what I found...



Who wants to drink that?!  I tried cleaning it out and re-brewing, but all I got was a few drops.  :(  I brought a Diet Dr. Pepper instead, but it's not quite doing the trick.  I will be teaching with my eyes half-open today.

Back to the great weekend...My swimmers had an awesome day on Saturday, we have 13 swimming/diving at the State meet this Friday and after the meet I got some cleaning done, along with some reading.  It was so nice!

Sunday Derek and I hosted a Super Bowl gathering at his condo.  We all had a blast cheering for Green Bay. No one was particularly rooting for the Packers, but I think we all had a reason to cheer against the Steelers, so we banded together.  Derek's new TV was a hit and Emmett, Derek's cousin's 3 year old son, loved Derek's huge bean bag chair.   It entertained him for most of the night, and he is adorable.  Derek's family is so nice and they all helped by bringing delicious food.  It was so great to see everyone, even though we all missed Corey and Zach.

More updates to come on my productivity and cleaning, but I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Corey said...

Do you have a Keurig too?! Ours did that yesterday, and we haven't got it to work properly yet... :(

Lauren said...

Yep. I have no good advice for you. I just got home and ran water through it and it was fine, but I have no idea if it's fixed or not.