"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Help, Please!

This week has been great...

Monday, I took the day off because it was a workday and I was ahead at work.   So, I slept in, worked out and enjoyed the nice weather - it was 75 degrees and sunny on Monday and I spent several hours outside!!  I think I got a tan.  (I also think it's only in my head, but that's ok, too).

Tuesday:  Work went well and then after work, Derek and I went to Los Tres Maguelles, a mexican restaurant in town.  It was really good!  As a Spanish teacher, it's always been a little odd, but I don't really love Mexican food.  I like it, but most times, I can take it or leave it.  This place was delicious, they had huge portions, and the food came about 5 minutes after ordering - no joke.  I highly recommend it.   (On a sidenote, the reason we chose this place is because Derek had a gift-card he had gotten on restaurants.com.  Well, when we went to pay the bill, we couldn't use our coupon.  Us, geniuses, had gone to the wrong restaurant.  Apparently, there is another one on the other side of town that we will be visiting soon :).

Wednesday - today.  We are going to the NC State basketball game tonight against Carolina!  Fun!  Wait, it starts at 9:00, you say? yikes.  I love going to live sporting events and it is so fun living in a town with so many sports teams.  There is always something to do, and asking about one's allegiance is a great conversation starter. It can create enemies though, so beware.  These people are very serious about their teams.

I am a State fan.  I am not at the same level as most State fans, as I do not hate the other teams with quite the same passion as most, but I do have my reasons.  So, I will be wearing red tonight and cheering on the home team.  Hopefully they will pull out the big "W".

So...I need help.  With the 9 o'clock game, it means I will be getting to bed much later than normal.  What can I do to stay awake tomorrow?  I will be drinking a big mug of coffee (you better believe it!) but once at school, I can't make more coffee and I don't have a cool thermos to use.  What do you think is the best trick to staying awake and energetic when running on empty?  Pepsi Max? 5 hour energy?  Help, please.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There for a second I thought you were asking God for help to win the game tonight... which may not be a bad idea because we are going to need it.

Anonymous said...

Stay on your feet. Sitting down will make you feel tired. Sounds dumb but that is the way it is with me. And keep the conversations going. Keep your brain humming and the rest will follow. M(J)

Corey said...

I don't know, but whenever you find out the key- please pass it along! We went out with friends last night and I went to bed 2 hours past my bedtime! I am definitely feeling it today.