"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Home

You'd think after almost four years of living here I would be over the little patches of homesickness.  For the most part I am, but every now and then it creeps up on me.  Today was one of those days. I never know why it is.  Today, I just miss home.  I wish it were a little bit closer.  Most days I call NC home, but not always.

Today, I want to sit on the stool in my kitchen and talk to my mom.  I want my sisters to tease me without end.  I want my dad to cook lasagna while singing crazy Christmas songs (hey, this is my made up day, and I will do what I want :).  I have the best family in the world and while I love 99% of living down in North Carolina, the one thing I would change is that it is so far away from my family.

On the bright side, my next taste of home is coming soon!!  I'm looking forward to Elizabeth's trip to the south at the end of March!  It is her last Spring Break ever!  From here on out, it is Dr. Elizabeth :).  She is coming for a whole week and we are meeting up with Sarah and Andrea and we are all going to do the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, SC.  Andrea, Sarah, Corey and I did it last year and we had sooo much fun.  Did not run very fast, but we had a ball.








Yes, we posed in front of every mile marker.  The runners near us thought we were crazy (rightfully so), and as you can tell by the time on the clock, we were not going to break any records.  We were all so clogged up with allergies we couldn't have run very fast anyway (wait, maybe that was just me).  Hopefully, we will have better weather this year and remember the allergy medicine.  hahaha.  Dr. Berger, do you hear that?  Bring on the goods.  Either way, I cannot wait to get all four of us together and have another "sitterhood of the trabeling hibigo" experience.  


I'm also going home for a long weekend in May for a good friend's wedding.  That should be a blast and I should get to see most of my family. (May 13-15, mark your calendar's people.)

And maybe, just maybe, Paula and Matt will make it down here to visit :)  Please!!  that is a not-so-subtle hint.

Enough of my whining...I started out this post in a funk, and I am feeling much better already.  I am so lucky to have such amazing friends and family here in NC, in STC, and everywhere else.

4 comments:

Corey said...

I kind've know how you feel, except you actually like where you are. Its funny that you're where I want to be! We should swap places :) Seriously though, the good news is you said you love 99% of NC. That's a pretty darn good percentage if you ask me. I'm sorry you're missing your family though!

Paula said...

we are going to make it this year at some point and hopefully soon! dates to come after i talked my midterm on thurs night... love u!

Paula said...

*TAKE my midterm

Lauren said...

Thanks guys! Paula - good luck on your midterm!