"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Warm Weather Tease

I went for a run this week at a lake in Raleigh and it was gorgeous out!!  The weather has been in the 70's for the past few days and while it is only hovering around 60 today it's still wonderful out!  I walked a little bit after my run on Wednesday and took a few pictures because it was so pretty.




This weather is amazing!  One of the reasons I moved down here was to have the nice weather!  I love that I can wear shorts and a tank top outside in February!!  (not always... tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 48)







Surprisingly...the iphone takes pretty good pictures.  Today, I headed to the Tobacco Trail.  I am still trying to get back into shape since having mono, and I think I am on my way there - today I ran a full 6 miles at an average of 9:30 minute/miles.  I am setting a goal of finishing the April 10 Raleigh Rocks Half-Marathon.  Today's run puts me right on schedule for a training plan to run it.  I haven't actually signed up yet...but I will soon.

In other news...my little sister was accepted to the University of Michigan Med School this week!!!  I'm pretty sure that is not the official title of the school, but it is what I call it.  She has worked so hard and is so deserving of this - I am so proud of her!!  I cannot believe my little sister is going to be a doctor.  Wow!

With two of my favorite med students (Cath and Elizabeth).

No comments: