"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wide Awake

I don't feel tired.  During the day, I had moments where I was surprised my eyes were open, but I stuck to staying on my feet and drinking lots of water.  I had a five hour energy drink with me at school today, just in case I needed it, but I never wanted to take it.

I'm still very skeptical of those little drinks.  I know that lots of people use them every day, but people used to love Red Bull too, and I'm pretty sure those have some crazy effects on your heart.  Everyone who has drank it though, says it's amazing; that you just feel energized and wide awake, not wired like you would on caffeine.  I did leave it at school, in my desk, just in case I feel the need to wake up on another day.  What do you think?  Have you tried it?  What is it like?

Right now I am wide awake.  Uh oh.  Does that mean that my sleep deprivation effects will show up tomorrow?  Some one once told me that its two days after a bad night's sleep when you notice it the most.  Hmmm.  I'll have to let you know tomorrow.  Right now, I feel pretty great.

And the game was a blast!  Even though NC State lost, it was the most exciting basketball game I've seen in a while.  The score was pretty close throughout most of the game and the crowd was intense.  That was my first time experiencing the basketball rivalry in person. Wow.  Intense.

This picture was taken about 20 minutes before game time.  During the game, I didn't even think to take pictures...but I can tell you that the place was packed during the game.  And really really loud.


Our seats were pretty good, too!!

No comments: