"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Goodbye Sweet Tooth



Today marks the start of Lent.  This year I have decided to give up sweets and swearing.  

Sweets can include lots of things, and originally I was going to say just cookies, or just ice cream, but that would be the easy way out.  Because, let's be honest, I don't discriminate against any kinds of sweets. I don't have a favorite. I just love them all. and I eat them all.  It's true, I have a horrible sweet tooth.  I love candy, chocolate,brownies, cupcakes, baked goods, etc.  You name it, I like it.  This year I am going to give up sweets in an attempt to rid myself of this addiction to sugar!!  Included in sweets:  candy, cookies, ice cream, brownies, jelly beans (yes, easter is coming), chocolate, desserts, etc.  

So, to be able to start today off right, last night I baked cookies so I could have them one last time :).  Hahaha.  yes, that's how I roll.  They were delicious.  I brought the leftovers in to school today and now all of my coworkers love me (at least they did until the cookies were gone).




As for swearing (cussing, as they say in the south), I really don't do it that often, but I do let a word slip out here and there on occasion.  As a teacher, I really have to be careful with my words because high schoolers think that a teacher swearing is the funniest thing in the world!  And they never let you forget it (lucky for me, it's only happened once).  So why not rid myself of this awful habit all-together, follow my own advice and choose a "better" word?  


 Tonight I am headed to church right after practice.  The only mass of the day that I could attend is at 7:30...and its in Spanish!  How cool is that?!  (You might want to check with me tomorrow to hold me accountable.  I'm sure that I will want to bee-line straight for my bed on the way home from practice.  Its been a long day!)

1 comment:

Carol said...

I gave up sweets too!!! Why do I crave something the minute I can't have it? Human nature I guess.Thank God for "free Sundays".Love you