"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Sunday, March 27, 2011

House Update

I have not been very good about documenting the updates on my house.  Probably because I haven't done much in a while.  This weekend I finished up my own bathroom and tackled the guest bathroom so that it would finally be "usable" for guests.  I have several guests coming in the next few weeks!! - soooo excited!

Anyway...I repainted this bathroom a few weeks ago, but I added a little to it this week.  I put up a shelf in my bathroom and now I feel like it is "finished."


The shelf holds a candle, an air freshener, some hand towels, and a gorgeous glass blown starfish that Jan and Dusty got me that matches perfectly!


I hadn't done much in the guest bathroom since my last roomate moved out (last June) so it was in need of a bath mat, a shower curtain, some towels, and some decorations.  

Before...
Nothing special.
 After...


Started out as a mish-mash of accessories, but I picked a shower curtain that would match my old towels and bath mat, so at least I saved some money there.  And I am not yet ready to tackle painting another bathroom, so the mustard yellow will stay, for now.  That picture frame (that needs a picture) was one that I had already.  Overall, its not too bad.  At least now when I have visitors come to town, they will have their own bathroom/shower.

Here is the "house to do list" that I created in my New Years Resolution post.  I have gotten to cross a few things off the list, but I obviously have a looong way to go.  At least its only March...

  • Paint both upstairs bathrooms (I did one, does that count?)
  • Replace mirrors and light fixtures in the bathrooms (not planning on doing this anymore)
  • Get towels and bath mats (that actually match)
  • Hang a rod for coats in the front hall closet 
  • Weather strip the front door
  • Hang curtains in my bedroom
  • Get a nightstand for my room
  • Hang curtains on the living room window
  • Organize the garage
  • Put a backsplash up in the kitchen (maybe)
  • Look around for bargains on granite or nice kitchen counters and see if I can redo mine (dream)



2 comments:

Corey said...

You're making progress... You only have one thing each month to do! That's easy :)

Paula said...

looks great! and i like the shower curtain!