"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, March 4, 2011

Loco for Lulu

OK, I'll admit it.  I have this obsession for Lululemon yoga pants.  If you haven't heard of it, Lululemon is a yoga and running store.  They are not just about the apparel though, they work to make people conscious of the environment and they work to integrate their stores and workers into the local fitness communities.  I discovered the brand a few years ago because my sisters were huge fans and frequent visitors of the store in Chicago.  



Their yoga pants are great, they are long (really long - I have to get them hemmed!), they don't stretch out, and their fabric doesn't fade.  They have a great selection of jackets and hoodies, and tank tops for running and yoga, but up until this point I have only worn their pants.  My favorites are the Groove Pants.

Groove Pant lululemon.com


Last year, a new Lululemon shop opened in Raleigh!  Yay!! I was estatic and, of course, headed strait downtown to check it out.  It is currently a "showroom" and not an actual store, but nevertheless, it is here :)  Being a showroom means that they are testing out our market to see if the community can sustain a full store.  Basically, the studio has all of the best selling items for the store and fewer of them, with hours only on Thursdays through Sunday.  

This is one of the designs for their bags.


Because they have fewer items, that means no sales.  That stinks, yes I know.  But it means that I can go to the studio, try everything on, and then go get the discontinued/last season colors online.  And I do.  Yes, the sales people at the store probably hate me because I try on, but rarely buy, but I am a customer either way.  

I have been stalking their website for about a year now but I was waiting to save a little money for my purchase, but I caved today.  I went online and used my giftcard (thank you swimmers!!) from the banquet and got some new stuff.  Yay!  And I am eagerly awaiting this delivery like a giddy little kid.  And I ordered it a few minutes ago, so I have a while to wait.  

lululemon.com


Check out the website for yourself.  It can be a little pricey, but it is worth it.  This clothing is high quality and lasts forever!  

Catherine, I will forever will be grateful to you for introducing me to this gem, and my wallet will always secretly be glaring at you for precisely the same reason.  Love you!

2 comments:

Corey said...

Oh I love lulu. I even love the bags they put the stuff in...

Lauren said...

Oh, so do I!