"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One Year

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of when  Derek and I officially became a couple.  It was a big deal to us and I am so happy.  I love us together, just the way we are and am so excited about what's to come.  It's been a great year!

We planned to go to the Melting Pot for dinner because we had a coupon for a dessert (Yes, I ate dessert.  I cheated.  I won't eat sweets this Sunday.  I thought the occasion warranted some sweets) but we ended up not being able to print it, so we will be going back again :).  The weather was gorgeous yesterday, so even though it is March, I was able to wear a tank top and not even get cold!


I, of course, left my camera charging on the kitchen counter, so these pictures are thanks to my iphone.
The self-portraits weren't great, but this was the best one.



We had the funniest waiter, "Eddie" who loved talking to us.  I can almost tell you his whole life story.  He was pretty funny though, and did offer to get us extra stuff.


We thought it was very fitting that I got green utensils and Derek got gray.  Green is my favorite color, as we all know :) and Derek says that gray "is the only color he would have chosen."   Derek actually told me to take this picture.  I think he was very happy he was not given hot pink utensils.

Check out that feast!!!  Soooo good.

Last night was wonderful!  But I woke up today feeling awful...I am hoping it is allergies.  I have been running outside even though the pollen count is high and I think it has finally caught up with me.  Yesterday I had a little bit of a sore throat.  Today, it feels as though my head is so stuffed up it might just float away.  On the menu for today...lots of Gatorade and I'm staying inside.  


1 comment:

Corey said...

1. Jealous of melting pot!

2. Love the key sticking out in the picture of you. [Good job Derek! :) ]