"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, March 25, 2011

Texas Caviar

A few years ago I needed a recipe for a March Madness party I was having.  I wanted something that people could "dip" into.  I don't know if you can really characterize this as a "dip" because it's pretty heavy, but it's so good.  So anyway, back on track...I asked my sister, Paula, who always has some creative food ideas for me and she gave me this recipe (there is actually no cooking involved).    I think she got it from her old roomate, Ashley, another creative mind, but I can't really remember.  Either way, thanks for the great "dip"!

I made it recently for a Super Bowl party we had and since then Derek has asked me to make it two times.  It's healthy and its so good.

Ingredients:
*One can black beans (drained)
*One can corn (drained)
*One can petite diced tomatoes (drained)
*1/2 orange pepper, diced
*1/2 yellow pepper, diced
*1/2 green pepper, diced
*1/4 sweet onion, diced
*Apple Cider Vinegar

Chop the peppers and onion and set aside.



 In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, and tomatoes.



Add in chopped peppers and onions.


Add Apple Cider Vinegar to taste.  I normally start off with about a half cup and stir it up, and then go from there.  It's best after letting it sit and marinate for a few hours or even the next day.

Enjoy with some tortilla chips or on a soft shell taco.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Looks great! you could have your own cooking show!

Lauren said...

Ha, thanks Mom! You know I learned it all from you!