"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Re-cap

This weekend was wonderful, but it went by fast!

Friday I actually tried a craft project:


I wasn't sure what to get my friend for her bachelorette party, so I created my own gift.  Her very own sparkling, "bride" bikini for the honeymoon. 
(The letters are on the back of the bottoms of the suit.)


It was super easy, with cut out letters that I ironed on in about 15 minutes.


Success!!


Saturday I went to Karen's bridal shower and bachelorette party:


I did not get any pictures with myself in them, but will post some if I can find them.  It was a blast and those girls are so sweet.  Karen was sufficiently showered with goodies :)

My friend (and old roomate), Kristin was in town.  She moved to Maryland in June and it was so good to see her.  I miss her a lot.  Throughout Karen's wedding festivities I am getting to see her much more often than I did in the fall and I love it!  Only one month until her next visit!  


Sunday I got a great run in and enjoyed the nice weather all day long.

We watched the Duke vs. Carolina game outside at a restaurant while eating lunch.  It was 75 degrees out!!  Then Derek went and vacuumed one of his pools while I pulled out a lawn chair and got some sun.  And I did offer to help him with the pool stuff, by the way, I'm not that lazy!  But, it was amazing and so relaxing. I even have tan lines!!  If I closed my eyes I could pretend it was June :).  Hooray for spring and summer coming so soon!

And...of course, I have no pictures from yesterday, but I do have some I took when it was a bit cooler last week.


Gorgeous!

No comments: