"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, April 22, 2011

Help Around the House

While my parents were here I got some major help with my house to-do list.  My dad put up the shelf/coat rack in my downstairs closet.  Yay!  I worked really hard...I watched.  :)  He did a great job though, and that marks one more thing off my list.  It also allows me to free up a bunch of space in my closet, because all of my coats can come downstairs.  And we all know, I love free space in the closet.  Because it means I get to fill it ;)





Here is the "house to do list" that I created in my New Years Resolution post.  I have gotten to cross a few things off the list, but I obviously have a bit to go.  At least it's only April...

  • Paint both upstairs bathrooms (I did one, does that count? yes, I no longer want to paint the other.)
  • Replace mirrors and light fixtures in the bathrooms (not planning on doing this anymore)
  • Get towels and bath mats (that actually match)
  • Hang a rod for coats in the front hall closet 
  • Weather strip the front door
  • Hang curtains in my bedroom
  • Get a nightstand for my room
  • Hang curtains on the living room window
  • Organize the garage
  • Put a backsplash up in the kitchen (maybe)
  • Look around for bargains on granite or nice kitchen counters and see if I can redo mine (dream)

In other news, my mom was also pretty helpful.  She hemmed two pairs of pants for me.  Yes, I am that girl that has had (and possibly been wearing...) pants with the hem falling out of them, since September.  Yikes.  I thought about taking them to a tailor so many times, but it just never happened.  She's really good at it!  And to give me a little credit, she was begging to do something for me.  



Thanks Mom and Dad!!

No comments: