"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, April 14, 2011

patience: not my strongest trait

My parents will be here in exactly 5 hours, and I am so ready.  I haven't seen them since Christmas.  That's probably one of the longest stints I've gone without seeing them since I moved here.  I have everything ready for their arrival...house cleaned? check. pantry stocked? check.  guest bedroom ready? check.  Now I just have to wait for them to get here!

We have a nice relaxing weekend ahead of us and hopefully the weather will be nice and make it oh-so-tempting for them to get those "moving south for retirement plans" on fast forward.  Forecast this morning said partly sunny and an average in the mid-seventies.  I haven't checked recently, but I'm pretty certain that it will beat the weather in Chicago this weekend.

Wait, I just checked...now it is supposed to storm this weekend.  Come on Mother Nature - help me out here!

Ok, its official, breathe a sigh of relief, the high in Chicago is 55 this weekend, with a forecast of rain and wind, yikes!  :)  I feel better now.

I would say that the simple fact of me living here could lure them down, but as one of three daughters, I know that the two of them up north definitely outweigh me, so I have to use the weather to my advantage.

Anyway, I am so excited!  I'm sure I will have some stories and pictures coming soon.  And for now, I am anxiously awaiting their arrival.  (and maybe still working on making sure the house is clean.)

3 comments:

Corey said...

Have fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

Keep teaching and you will develop the patience of a stone working with.....ADMINISTRATION! m(j)

Lauren said...

Thanks, Corey!

And Jan, that is Oh, so true.