"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Old Friends!

Tomorrow I am heading back to Chicago to see my family and attend a friend's wedding.

I will get to see lots of people...

Obviously, my sisters!

Paula
Cath
And my parents!

and Elizabeth and Nicole...and I haven't seen Nicole in ages - maybe a year and a half? I'm pretty excited!
Liz and Nicole
And of course, the beautiful bride, Ashley, and the groom, Chris.  This is one of their engagement pictures...gorgeous!  I have known her since the 6th grade.  In high school it sometimes felt like we were a part of each other's families and I'm glad I'll get to be there for their big day.

It's going to be a good weekend, I'm pretty excited!  (can't you tell?!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe/fun trip! we will be missing you. Where was the engagem't picture taken...the backdrop is beautiful. m(J)

Lauren said...

They lived in Colorado last year, so I'm sure it was taken there. It's pretty gorgeous though, isn't it?!

I'll miss y'all too! Have fun!

Nicole said...

Great seeing you this weekend Miss Lauren! Had so much fun and safe travels home. Also, LOVING the blog. Thanks for the shout out!!

Lauren said...

Thanks Nicole! It was great to see you too!