"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Running



I have a love-hate relationship with running.  When I am in shape, I love it.  When I am out of shape, I hate it.  When I'm still getting into shape, I love it.  And sometimes, no matter what kind of shape I'm in, if the weather is gorgeous and it's not pollen season, I love it then, too.

Today, I had to stay after school for a parent conference, then I made a stop at a co-workers baby shower, and when I finally got home I was in no mood to run.  I forced myself to put my workout clothes on and figured once that happened, I might make it out the door.  I did.

I am not currently in great running shape, but today was one of those good days.  The weather was pretty warm, but there was a nice enough breeze that it was just perfect.  The pollen count was low and I had no trouble breathing.  I just went.  I had no idea how far I was going to go, and I ended up getting three miles in, just in time to arrive back home to get ready to coach.

Today is an I-love-running day.  I love the way I feel after a run; no matter how long, or short it was.  When I got home from school I was ready to fall asleep and now I feel great...I'm very glad I decided to head outside today :).

No comments: