"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer, Are You Here Yet?



Did you know that the closer you get to summer, the crazier students (and teachers) start acting?  Seriously, I wonder how I haven't yet pulled my hair out.  I have 12 more days left...and I am just trying to make it.

The students don't want to work, but they all want good grades.  They don't want to be quiet and listen, but then they wonder why they don't understand.  They are driving me crazy!  So, (mom, you would be very proud) I pulled out my best "grown-up" teacher face today and gave them a little talking-to.  It worked...for the time being...hopefully the effects will last until tomorrow, but I know that is just wishful thinking.

If anyone has any wise suggestions, I am open to them!  Please help!

No comments: