"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend passed so quickly, I feel like I was in a blur for most of it.  I was actually really busy and got a ton of stuff in, but I felt like it flew by...


Friday afternoon, practiced was cancelled so I went for a long run on the Tobacco Trail and the weather was perfect.  I know I've been talking about this a lot lately, but really, you can't beat great weather!  I went 4 miles at a pretty brisk pace.  After that I got all cleaned up and met my friend Rachael out for sushi.  We went to a great new place and it was so good to talk to her.  She is in education, but we work at different schools so we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like.  She has also had an unbelievably busy semester.  I can't believe some of the things she has dealt with; she is pretty tough.

We obviously didn't beat the crowd...

Saturday, I met Karen to go to Peak Fest.  Once again the weather was perfect!  We got there early to beat the crowds, wandered the streets, parused the hand-made jewelry, and even poked around in a used book shop (that I loved!).  I want to go back.  That downtown is really cute.  I have a few new restaurants that I want to try out and the boutiques had some really cute clothes.  It was all surprisingly affordable, too.

We also found this guy on the way out...Iron man?  Little kids were giving him hugs...what?
We finished off the morning with an amazing lunch from one of the vendors and then I headed to coach for a bit.

Sunday I coached most of the morning again and then we met up with Derek's family for lunch and to celebrate Mother's Day with his whole family.  I hope Jan had a great Mother's Day!  Thank you for including me in the festivities.  

I hope everyone got a chance to thank all of the mother's in their life and make them feel special for the day.

No comments: