"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Book Recommendations Needed

I just finished two books, Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris and Something Blue by Emily Giffin.  They were both decent books.  Nothing amazing, but good, interesting reads.




What I need now, are suggestions for books to read next week.  I'm going to the beach for five days and I need to put some good books on my kindle so that I can sufficiently veg-out and drift off into dream-world while I'm laying in the sand.

What are your recommendations?!  I like everything from "chic-lit" (the equivalent to a chic-flick), to biographies, to historical novels.  What are your favorite books or even just good books that you've read lately?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Your supposed to read "something borrowed" first!!!!!

Lauren said...

Yes, yes, don't you worry Andrea, I read that one first, it was just a few months ago. Now i want to see the movie!

Andrea said...

The movie was pretty bad, book was much better:) Miss you!!

Lauren said...

Miss you too!! ...and I was so excited to see that movie...I probably still will.

Paula said...

they are not on a kindle but i am bringing 7 books with me next week to read and you are welcome to borrow!!!