"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, June 6, 2011

Lemon Parmesan Pasta

Last week I got a chance to cook myself dinner, but I didn't have time to go to the store, so I used what I had in my kitchen.  This is what I came up with...

I had a bunch of pasta, some asparagus, and yellow squash, so that's what I started with...

I put the squash in a pan with some lemon flavored olive oil (I love this, by the way!  Try it.), and a little butter and got started.




After that I added the asparagus.  Note: I probably should have put the asparagus in first, as it takes a little longer to cook, but hey, I'm still learning.



When the pasta was done, I strained it, added it to the pan, and mixed it all together.  I sprinkled some salt and added some fresh Parmesan and I was done.

Wow.  It was good.  And I had lunch for the next two days :)
 This was super easy to make and really good.  What is a super easy meal that you make when you are pressed for time, but want a home-cooked meal?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to make this for Dusty! It is as if you asked him his favorite foods and then made a dish w/them! m(j)

Corey said...

Mama cook a pasta dish from scratch? I'll have to see it to believe it :)