"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, June 27, 2011

Quonochontaug, Rhode Island

Last week Derek and I flew up to Providence to meet up with the rest of my family at our cottage.  It was an amazing 5 days.  We had hung out with my grandparents, relaxed on the beach, swam, took some long walks, played a bunch of card games and enjoyed our time together.  I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with my family and I was long overdue for a good visit with grams.  I am so happy I got to have this vacation with them.

The draft. 

Sunset on the breachway.




Happy Father's Day, Dad!

All was right with the world.

This place is really special to me because it holds a lot of family history and it is home to some of my favorite childhood memories.  The cottage itself has been in our family for along time...my great-grandparents spent time there.  Wowza.  I also think it's the most beautiful place in the world, but I might be a little biased...




Beware of picture overload...beginning now...sorry!





And this is proof that we actually braved the cold water and got in!

The water was so clear!

Mom did not make it in, but she did watch us freeze.





Are you getting sick of the pictures yet?!  We took grams and grandpa out to dinner one night too.  She is still one feisty lady, let me tell you...And aren't they cute?



And it rained one day, so we headed to Watch Hill for some sight-seeing and shopping.  Matt and Derek were thrilled, but there's not much to do when the weather is bad, and I do come from a family of girls :).


Derek's Yacht.

Cath posing.  (Right next to the dog poop thing...nice.)  


All the gals.
I want to go back...wouldn't you?

 

2 comments:

Paula said...

I WANT TO GO BACK!!! xoxo

carol said...

Best place in the whole world!!!
Anyone want to rent a cottage next summer?