"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer To-Do List

With the start of summer comes endless free time, lots of wonderful plans for this time, and the realization that it will all end too quickly.  Because I am aware of this, I want to point myself in the right direction...

1.  Work on my house...I need to touch up the paint, clean out/sell a lot of junk, and possibly finish a few projects.

2. Be content with the job I will be working come August.  This is something that I really can't predict right now, but I am hoping that everything will fall into place.  I just keep reminding myself, "everything happens for a reason."

3. Run at least four times a week.  This is something that I really need to do if I want to run a marathon anytime soon...I need to build up my base and be consistent with my training.

4. Take some time to relax.  I don't get to do this the rest of the year with teaching and coaching, so I want to make sure that I really take this time to slow down, do some things I want to do, and enjoy myself.

5. Cook at least one meal a week.  (I know, I should have aimed higher, but I will start small.)

No comments: