"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Sunday, July 3, 2011

30 Day Shred

I have a new obsession.  It's healthy, thank goodness.

About three weeks ago, I found it.  I was sitting around, wanting to workout, but not wanting to wait until 9:00pm so I could run in the crazy hot summer weather.  I started searching around on my TV's Exercise on Demand channels and I came across Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  I had heard my friend Mandy talk about it and she liked it, so I gave it a shot.  I loved it.



It was challenging.  My arms and legs were screaming after 5 minutes.  It makes you work hard and it's only a 20 minute workout.  No matter how hard it is, you always know that you can push yourself harder because it will be over soon.  Each workout has a 3-2-1 sequence.  You do 3 minutes of cardio, 2 minutes of strength, and 1 minute of abs and then repeat it three times.  I like the way it works.  Each workout burns around 200-250 calories.

In the actual workout plan, you are supposed to do the workout every day for 30 days.  There are different levels and you are supposed to do the same level until you are strong enough to advance to the next.  I have only done levels one and two, and it is intense!  I want to try the rest of them.  The only problem...my free On Demand TV only offers the first two levels.  I just bought it.  I like it that much.

Anyway, I have done the workouts four times in the past three weeks, so I'm not really following the "plan", but for the past week I have been alternating the workout with my running days and I really like how I feel.

Anyone have any other workouts they really like?

1 comment:

carol said...

makes me tired reading about it? Does that burn any calories?