"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, July 29, 2011

Fab Friday



This was obviously a big week and I've discovered that I have a lot to be thankful for...here goes...

1.  My incredibly supportive family and friends.  - I'm going from a very stable career to a slightly different situation...it's not unstable, it's just not teaching.  I can't tell you how many times people have told me "good for you", "I just want you to be happy", or "this is an incredible opportunity".  The comments, encouragement, smiles, and well-wishes have been huge!

2.  My wonderful boyfriend.  - In addition to being supportive of my career change...last night I had a flat tire and didn't realize it until after I had gotten home.  Guess who came over after a long day of work to put on my spare and help me out?  yep.  Did I mention he was sick?  He is pretty amazing.

3.  The wonderful weather.  Yes, we are in a heat wave, or a heat month, but I am bound and determined to enjoy it.  When I start whining I do my best to remember those Chicago winters, and I'm all good!

4.  My sister and brother-in-law.  They are coming to visit me!!  Only two more weeks!!!

5. BJ's.  Yep, I said it.  I saved a ton of money on food there yesterday.  I probably don't have to go to the grocery store for a month, but that's ok.  No more eating out, I can cook!

6.  My phone and free long distance.  I think I've used it more this week to talk than I have in months.  It was pretty nice, too.

7. My car.  Let's face it - whenever it breaks down, gets a flat, becomes a money pit, etc., I am always thankful for those times when it is running, just as happy as a clam.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Paula said...

yay!!! we can't wait to come and see you!!!