"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, July 11, 2011

Green Thumb?

I know that I am a little bit late on this, but I want to plant some flowers in my front "yard".  I have a little mulch area about 3 x 3 feet, and I bought a little copper planter to use (about 1 foot diameter).   I went to Lowe's yesterday to pick out some plants, and to say the least, I was overwhelmed.


I don't know much about flowers except for the usual...I like the roses, tulips, daisies, etc. but I'm not super attached to any of them.  I know that I like peonies, but I don't think that's very realistic for my project.  I want something with a punch of color!  It doesn't matter what kind it is really, except that it should be pretty resilient.  I am not known for keeping plants alive.  I have actually killed every plant ever given to me and I am somewhat scared to take on this project in full view of all my neighbors and any passerby's.

In a nutshell, please help me find something with some color that will be difficult to kill.

I did take some pictures of some plants that caught my eye...here ya go...






I kept coming back to these gerber daisies.  Are they easy to keep alive?  Come on people, help please!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Ask Mom! I'm right up there with you on having a history of plant killing :-(

Lauren said...

Yes, she wanted to help me do this when she was here in April...I should have taken her up on that. I don't know anything about plants!

mom said...

I kill gerber daisies!