"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Holiday Weekend: Take 2


Sunday we went to Garner for the Third of July fireworks!!  Have I mentioned before that I LOVE FIREWORKS?!  I got red-white-and-blued out for the holiday thanks to my new shades :)


This family brought a CAGE for their children.  What?!  and I thought leashes were bad.


The place was packed.
Derek made friends with Uncle Sam.

They had a flash mob.  See the umbrellas?  It wasn't raining.


Group picture.


On the actual 4th, it was insanely hot.  We caught a movie during the day - Bad Teacher - I thought it was pretty funny considering my profession.  It was definitely amazing to be inside in the cool temperatures.  I wore a sweater!!  I was also shocked to see how crowded the theatre was; apparently everyone else had the same idea as us!  It stormed all night, but we did manage to see a bunch of fireworks on our way home!

Fireworks 2 days in a row.  Now, that's a good Independence Day.  

No comments: