"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweet Salt Air



The past few days have given me reason to think.  A lot.  One of my oldest friends is going through a pretty tough time.  She is an amazingly strong person but right now, she is in a really tough place of uncertainty.  It's crazy when we think of all the things that medicine can cure, that it's almost impossible to believe that there are still things out there that are beyond it's reach.  Please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers.  I really wish I could teleport myself to give her a huge hug.

Needless to say, I've been talking with my mom a lot, and with my friends, and this has made me a bit homesick.  This stuff can happen to anyone and I think I am grasping onto my family with the thought that it could be them.  So far, I've just been a lucky girl and for that I am very thankful.  (Now is a good time to plan a trip home.)


With all of this weighing on my mind and very little to keep me occupied, yesterday, I headed to the beach.  It has always had a way of setting me at ease.  It was a beautiful day.  The weather was perfect; it was hot enough that you could feel the sun on your skin but the breeze was cool enough to keep you from sweating.  I think I have "Irene" to thank for that.  The waves were huge!  Let's hope this storm calms down before it hits North Carolina.










I came home relaxed, and slightly burned.  I think it was a success.

No comments: