"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, September 5, 2011

Birthday Boy

Happy Birthday Derek!!

I might be a day late, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend time on the computer this weekend...For the past two days we celebrated Derek's birthday.  I think it is very lucky that his birthday falls on this weekend, because every year he also get's to celebrate the beginning of the college football season - and this boy loves him some football...

Derek's truck all decked out for the football game on Saturday.


Derek made my birthday weekend very special for me this year, so I wanted to do the same with him.  He got to pick what we did all weekend long.  It was a lovely weekend filled with tailgating, pancakes, golfing, and dinner with his family.  All around, a good time.  He works so hard I was glad he took some time to relax.

Here are some things that I love about Derek...

He can make me laugh no matter what the situation, he works incredibly hard and takes such pride in the work that he does, he see's the logic and reasoning in things where I do not, he can fix a car, computer, or appliance better than the geek squad or your local mechanic, his condo is pretty darn clean, he is very healthy, and he really, really cares about his family and friends.  He is a great person. I hope he had a wonderful birthday!

More on his birthday weekend coming soon...I hope you are all enjoying your Labor Day!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

16 miler!! you go girl. Missed you at the tree party. m(j)

Lauren said...

Thanks Jan! I felt pretty good about it. I heard the tree party was fun and that you all did great work. :)

mom said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Good thing you look good in red!! Happy Birthday to Derek!!.