"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Bunch of Random Stuff

I don't have much to blog about, but I am going to go ahead and share a bunch of random thoughts for the day.

  • Yesterday I had a parent meeting with the parents of the swimmers in my group.  Afterwards the head coach came over and told me I received two compliments from parents walking out of the meeting.  One lady asked him "Where did you find this girl?, she's great."  That was very good to hear because the blank faces in the meeting did not leave me feeling well.  I love leaving a good impression on parents...it makes my life so much easier.
  • Last week Derek brought me along to the town Chamber of Commerce Banquet.  It was interesting to see how that worked and it made me aware of some of the things being done in my community.  Derek's work is a big part of the community and I'm aware of that, but not a lot of the other projects. We got all dressed up, and I got a (poor quality) cell phone picture for you all to see.  

  • I found a picture I took on Derek's birthday that I had totally forgotten about.  I explained last week about how I really wanted to make him feel special for his birthday.  He didn't let me give him any candles to blow out or sing to him while at the State game, so I sang to him and gave him a candle to blow out on Sunday.  Here is the photo proof...

  • I have a huge knot/crick in my neck and have had it for the past 4 days.  I woke up on Saturday morning barely able to turn my head.  It's gotten better and I've been trying to ignore it, but if anyone has any helpful advice on how to get rid of it, kindly let me know. 
  •  On my way home from work on Monday I called Derek to see what he was up to...he told me he was cooking pizza and poppers and waiting for me to come eat dinner with him.  Wow.  That was a wonderful treat.  How lucky am I?!
  • I booked my flight to Detroit today!!  Here I come - I am so excited that I get to see my family in just a few short weeks. 
  • I chopped 4 inches off my hair today.  

  • Derek made a cornhole set on Monday - I can't wait to play BAGS this weekend at the tailgate!  

No comments: