"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Favorites

It's very fitting that the weather is getting cooler right now because fall is starting!  It's starts on Friday, to be exact.  I never would have guessed that fall would have come early in North Carolina - of all places - but it did.  And I am bound and determined to embrace it.  Therefore, I am going to share with you some of the things I love about fall... And no, that does not include a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, which is apparently what everyone else in the world loves.  Has anyone else noticed the crazy amount of advertising for those this year?  Or the amount of people that can't stop talking about them?...

Coming off of my tangent, here are some of the things that I love about fall!

1.  Scarves:  You can wrap them around your neck to ward off the chilly breeze and stay nice and cozy.  They are also an easy way to add a fun bit of color to an otherwise boring outfit.


2. Leaves changing:  The colors are gorgeous and I love the way something simple, like my drive to work, can change so much, so quickly.


Jumping in the leaves is also one of my favorite past-times.

3.  Pumpkin Carving:  It may have been said before, but I am very serious about continuing my childhood traditions.  Pumpkin carving is just one of those.  Easter egg dying, Christmas cookie decorating, and fireworks/sparklers are also some of these crazy traditions I still like to do.


4.  Football:  More specifically, the tailgating.  Who can turn down an excuse to eat great food and hang out with good friends? Not me.  .



5.  Boots:  In the summer it's too hot for boots, but in the fall, they all come back out; cowboy boots, rain boots, brown boots, black boots, and, of course, Uggs!

source
source
6.  Hoodies:  This is one college phase that I don't think I will ever grow out of.  They are so cozy and comfortable.  I got a new State one last week to add to my collection.

Hoodies all around.
7.  Candles:  I love the scented ones, especially apple pie, vanilla, pumpkin pie, etc.  They not only make my house smell good, but it also makes it so cozy (do you see a theme).

source
8.  Running in cooler weather.  It is amazing to begin a run before the sweat has begun to form on my brow.  It's so much more pleasant to run with a breeze too.  I go farther, and faster.  I think I had a smile on my face today too.

9.  Derek would like to add that he likes the fall because all of the outdoor pools are closed. And football too.

1 comment:

Paula said...

i love all these thing too!!! especially all the orange in them :-) love u!