"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mums the Word

In honor of the start of fall, I bought some mums for my front porch.  All summer I kept saying that I would plant some flowers in my front yard but it never happened.  To be honest, I think I'm scared I will kill them.  But in the fall, it's safe, because everything dies in the winter.  All I have to do is get these plants through the beginning of November and I'm golden.  Normally I wouldn't worry about killing the plants, but I really don't want to be "that lady" on the street with all the dead plants who can't seem to keep up with the yard work.  But, like I said, plants die anyway in the winter, so I'm safe.

I didn't even have to plant them - I just set it in the planter!


I can't wait until these red ones bloom.

The mums were on sale (of course) and they are actually really pretty.  When I get some pumpkins out there with them, I dare say, my house just might look festive!

1 comment:

mom said...

The mums are beautiful and I really like your planter. You finally found one you like. I skipped the mums this year because my geraniums and petunias were still blooming until about a week ago.