"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, October 24, 2011

Seeing Red

I've had this stool in my kitchen ever since I cleaned out my classroom back in August.  I think it's great for when I need an extra place to sit, but it really doesn't go with my kitchen.



I bought it a few years ago for $20 at Walmart, so I wasn't worried about damaging it, so I decided to spray paint it.


I'm pretty pleased with it.  It's not that different, but it adds a nice little pop of color.


After that I got a little spray-happy and decided to attack this little thing.


It looks cute, right?  A nice pie plate.  I received this as a gift from one of my swimmers a few Christmas' ago and while I like the shape, I'm not so sure about the little designs on it.  And the size is a little off.  It looks full size, right?  Look again...


Yep, it is slightly larger than my fist...maybe it's a cookie plate?  I have no idea what to use it for!  But, I attacked it with the red spray paint so that at least I'll like it as a decoration.  It's cute!



I still don't know what to do with it, but it adds, yet another, pop of color to my kitchen. 

7 comments:

Paula said...

nice work lor! love the stool and cake stand (cookie stand) in red!

Lauren said...

Thanks!! It is a cookie stand, haha, it's so little!

Anonymous said...

Hey! how about a nice colorful mum to go on top of that stool and brighten up that corner....no wait...bad idea...cruelty to plants...:) On another note, I think the other little stand is used when you lay out a spread of food (like a buffet or a pig-pickin'). It lets you crowd in more dishes on the table. Both items look great! m(j)

Lauren said...

Thanks Jan, that makes sense...

I wish I could keep a plant alive - it is a perfect spot for one!

carol said...

Love the red stool and also the cookie/cake stand.

Mrs. Holly K. said...

I would use it as a display pedestal for a santa or pumpkin... that kind of thing :) Cute!

karen mora said...

"maybe it's a cookie plate?" that made my day :)
maybe a candle holder?