"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, October 7, 2011

A-Town Down


Yesterday morning I had to run an errand in downtown Apex, so I decided to take my time and enjoy it.



This part of Apex is one of my favorite places.  I don't know why I am so drawn to it, but I am.  It could be the small-town, old-fashioned feel that it gives off.  It could be the mom and pop restaurants and shops that line the main street, or it could just be that laid back way I feel when I stroll down the side walk.

A Southern Belle and The Yankee.  Yes, we are in the south, y'all!




Apex is home to All Booked Up, a book store that is so cozy it makes you want to stick around and curl up with a good book.  It seems that with Amazon and the kindle these book stores are now almost extinct, but I still love them!  The store will even buy your old books back from you (hence the errand).


It also has some really cute clothing boutiques, a personal training studio (I stopped in, talked to the owner and got his card - more on this later), and some knick-knack stores that I think are adorable.  I walked through a few places and got some Christmas/Birthday ideas.  I couldn't believe how friendly everyone was!  It was late morning when I was there and most people were just opening up, but they were so nice.  They wanted to talk to me, and not just "Hi, how can I help you?", but really talk to me.  They wanted the whole life story and they told me a lot of theirs.  It was interesting and made me think it's these things  that keep this place so unique in such a modern world.






For some reason, I love this house.  I love the columns, I love the rockers on the front porch, the southern charm that it exudes and the trees are just magical.  Don't you love it too


There I am!  
I headed to the other end of town to get some coffee and couldn't pass up the cool reflection in the fire department garage door windows.


Yes, that is a chocolate chip muffin, and it was delicious!
 A perfect way to spend a gorgeous morning.  Look at the sky in those pictures....crazy blue!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen "A Southern Belle and The Yankee." I guess I need to slow down and wake up next time I go through Apex. m(j)

Lauren said...

We should take a stroll around next time we're there. It's a cute little shop.

Shabby Sweet Tea said...

Oh My! I live in downtown Apex!! Too funny... I'm a huge fan of the black bean burger at Salem Street Pub.